Saturday, January 30, 2010

Deja Vu

This is a familiar feeling. I should be writing a paper but I am warming up my words by blogging.

Speaking of familiar feelings, I just realized, thanks to a convo with my Mom, that bullies never really grow up. They just get bigger and more personal.

If you're lucky enough though, they'll get pregnant at a young age or go to jail once or twice and you'll read about them in the paper just before you graduate from college.... and think yourself... whatever you said to me in first grade just isn't true now is it?

But sometimes bullies do just as well as you do amid your hard work... and sometimes you even have to work alongside them to achieve something that you have for so long been extremely passionate about. I told my mom I wanted to get to the point where it didn't ruin my day if someone yelled at me for something I didn't deserve and she said "That's what I want to be when I grow up to." Great. I guess some things never really change at all. You think when you leave high school you'll never have to worry about a bully ever again and that's your first mistake. Your second mistake is letting them piss you off.

1 comment:

nsz said...

hey wiz - sorry this is a month late. if you listen to pastor haun, you begin to understand that there will always be bullies, poor people, mean people, stupid people etc. with us throughout our lives. and yes, you got it right - we have to learn to not let it piss us off.