Thursday, January 14, 2010

Woaaaa how bad am I at New Year's resolutions??

Pretty bad.

Remember that time I said I would write every day? I haven't.

So far my new semester is going pretty well, but I don't want to curse myself by bringing the universe's attention to the fact that things are going well in my life. I got a new coat for the first time in 6 years. Not as bad as it sounds- it turns out that my other coat was on the durable side and is still wearable despite its age. Fascinating, right? And you wonder why I haven't written.

I have come to one conclusion this week. I love the elderly. They are, without a doubt, the most awesome people in humanity. I guess this is how most normal girls feel when they see a baby. To me, when I see one of the residents roll up in their wheel chair with this huge smile on their face just because they know I came in for the day to be their best friend and make them smile.... there is no competition.

Well anyway, I am sure, realistically, that this attitude will slightly alter as the semester goes on. I am sure that I will run into my own road blocks with certain residents because that's just the way life works. So far I haven't freaked out that I am slowly transitioning from college student to real person. Except the other night I started freaking out because I accidentally ruined a nice pair of pants I bought for work with an iron on hem disaster. Luckily Dave was there to pick up the pieces. Sighhhhhhhhhhh. I guess we all know it wasn't really about the pants. It never really is about the pants.

That's all for now..

tea tea why L

1 comment:

nsz said...

wiz - i am so pleased to see you back blogging. so glad that you love the elderly for they are all over the place. i found a wonderful house that we can all live in - in charleston sc. now all we need is to find jobs for the papa and me. yes, the coffee i have just consumed is talking but you should see these houses!!!!! now keep on blogging -