Monday, January 4, 2010

Shopping adventures

I have always wanted a particular style of moccosin like shoes that are broth comfortable yet business casual. I finally found said shoes but alas they were $4.99 with a hole in the front. Alhough they were not beyond what I am willing to fix.. It did go beyond what I am willing to pay for and fix. So I bargained with the cashier and she had a word with her manager and .... Rightly so.... I got the shoes for just $1.00. I am the only one I know who would be so excited about such a bargain.

This also reminded me of the time I bargained my way down at the Florence leather market from 200 euros to 60. Huge. Needless to say the man pretty much hated me by the end of
that bargain because I was quite literally taking this money from his very own pocket. The woman from the shoe
phenomonon rang me up with a smile because we both knew the
money was coming out of the pocket of some wealhy chain store owner. God bless
Corporate america. They don't try to convince me that I'm getting a good deal when I'm not.... they apolzogize and knock off 5 bucks.

No comments: