Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Unemployed and unimpressed

Well I've decided I should be able to blog about this job hunt process. There's humor to be had every step of the way. Like this morning.. I was casuually invited to enlist in the army. Apparently my qualifications make me a good candidate. And yesterday I was asked to interview for a life insurance sales position. Just what I've always envisioned for myself... I really envy our parents right now. They at least graduated In a time when their degree could be affirmed and their hard work somewhat rewarded. Right now I wonder why I went to college when the only positions that will give me the time of day are high school diploma level. So it looks like I'm gonna have to get a little wild and find clever ways to get noticed. Wear my resume as a shirt? Bake a cake with my resume on it and serve it at any and every social gathering? Throw a rock at someones head on t
he street and when they turn around angrily say "oh I'm sorry you looked a lot like someone that could get me a job" and then wait for their reaction. The options are endless..

1 comment:

LavoratricePerCaso said...

i really understand your feelings... I lost my job in january of this year due to the economic recession, and as a 27 yearold girl i'm still atmy parents' house because I cannot afford a mortage to buy a house to live together with my boyfriend...hope 2011 will be a better yearfor everyone! :-)