Wednesday, April 8, 2009

@#$@#%

Can I just say something here? Of course I can. I spend a good portion of my life being annoyed by people who have their headphones up super loud in the library. Like so loud that it is completely audible to me what they are listening to. Or some people have big ass headphones that they hang around their neck (not even on their ears) to serve as mini speakers. And then, I actually saw this kid walking around WITH speakers on his backpack. WHAT.

So today I walk into the library to print something out quickly. And before I can even log onto my computer, this woman grabs my arm, who, I percieve to be a librarian. "You need to turn that down." She commands me with fire in her eyes. Fine you stupid bitch. I said in my head. Seriously? Am I 12? Don't talk to me like that. I am sorry that your husband now finds you unattractive, and that you ended up working in a university library. And that you have fire in your eyes. That is prob pretty painful to say the least. I'd be pissed too. But that doesn't mean you get to talk to me like my second grade teacher did. (Still have bad memories about her.) Where was mega bitch the day the guy with a speaker was wandering around? Where was she the day I had a 10 page paper to write and Mr. I love gospel just couldn't turn the Jesus-o-meter down a tad. HUH??? And I want to add in that this is a room that people talk in, a lot. It's like a group work room. Not a silent reading room. IT IS A NOISY ROOM.

I do accept that it's possible my headphones were too loud. But say it cordially next time, and DO NOT TOUCH MY ARM. hag.

1 comment:

nsz said...

wow - you have come to realize that hags in libraries also pick on those that they can intimidate. you won't see them grabbing the arms of the larger, football player types who are usually male. haven't you noticed that teachers do this also - they pick on those that they can beat.